The Clean Energy Jobs Lobby Day in Salem includes:
education (for us) and training on best practices for meeting with your legislators
• a march
• a rally on the Capitol steps
• meetings with your legislators.
It is suitable for young people to attend. Lobby days are an amazing demonstration of government at work. Register to attend on the Clean Energy Jobs Facebook page.
A bus and or car-pooling will be available from Corvallis/Mid-valley area. Contact Claudia Keith at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.
The Oregon Clean Energy Jobs bill:
- Creates a limit, or cap, on Oregon’s climate pollution (greenhouse gas emissions) that lowers each year
- Sets a price on climate pollution produced by the largest polluters in the state; and
- Reinvests the proceeds in clean energy solutions – like solar and wind power, energy efficient homes and businesses, public transit, electric vehicles, and healthier communities. The bill prioritizes investment in communities hit first and worst by climate change.
Find additional information about the proposed legislation at https://www.reneworegon.org/clean_energy_jobs and LWVOR Action Committee Legislation Reports at: http://lwvor.org/home/take-action/legislative-reports/