Funding Universal Health Care in Oregon
May 19 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Statewide Townhall Webinar
Warren George, Industrial Engineer, Management and Technical Consultant
Marty Wilde, Oregon State Representative, District 11 Eugene
Charles Gallia, Former Oregon Health Authority Senior Policy Advisor (SB 770 Co-author)
Doug Boysen, President and CEO of Samaritan Health Services
Questions to be addressed may include, but are not limited to:
- What types of financing options is the SB 770 Task Force on Universal Health Care considering?
- What are the possible taxation options (definitions of the type of taxes being considered, and who does/does not pay them currently)?
- How would the various options financially impact specific groups such as people on the Oregon Health Plan, those on Medicare, people/businesses who currently pay for insurance through the “marketplace”, public employees, those who are uninsured, etc.
- How would the various options impact the state of Oregon financially?
- How is the Task Force considering equity when looking at financing options?
- How would the cost, choice and quality of your health care be affected?
Register for the webinar CLICK HERE
Sponsored by Mid-Valley Health Care Advocates and co-sponsored by LWV of Corvallis and LWV of Oregon