If you don’t get your ballot in the mail by May 11th, drop it in one of the ballot boxes around town. To see locations go to: https://www.co.benton.or.us/elections/page/may-16-2017-special-election-ballot-dropsites
509J School Board Candidates
Director, Position 1, 4-year term
Sami Al-AbdRabbuh, Brandy Barrett, Al Hutchinson
Director, Position 4, 4-year term
Vincent Adams, Michael De Salvo
Director, Position 5, 4-year term
Terese Jones, Jay Conroy
Director, Position 6, 2-year unexpired term
Ed Junkins, Carlos M Lopez, Andy Roberts
Director, Position 7, 2-year unexpired term
Gerry Kosanovic, Kenneth RunningCrane, Sarah Finger McDonald
Co-sponsored by the League of Women Voters and the Corvallis-Benton County Public Library
Benton County: 2-106 Establish Benton County Extension and 4-H Service District
City of Corvallis: 2-108 Charter Amendment Restricting Sale of Parks and Natural Areas
LWV of Corvallis Supports Measure 2-10 – A Benton County Extension & 4-H Service District. The League determined that the proposal to establish a Benton County Extension and 4-H Service District meets the Special District criteria necessary for support set forth in our local Special Taxing District position. Consider these points when you vote on the measure:
- There is a likelihood that without this district the entire Extension Service funding could be cut by the county.
- Twenty-six out of Oregon’s thirty-six counties already have taxing districts for the support of Extension and 4-H.
- The taxing district will cost residents about $36 a year for a $300,000 property.
- Obtaining federal and state funding depends on the county having an Extension Service. Each dollar of extension funding translates into $2 worth of volunteer service and $4 in grants.
- The Extension Service Special Taxing district will provide long-term stable funding for the Benton County Extension Service and 4-H.
League’s Special Taxing District Position can be found at https://lwv.corvallis.or.us/about/where-we-stand/ – TAX.